CarboMet Scoping workshops 2017
A series of 3 one hour workshops were held during EuroCarb2018, CCIB, Barcelona on the afternoon of Wednesday 5th July 2017.
The workshop specifically aimed to explore and scope the development of chemical and physical tools in the following topics in glycotechnology:
- Polysaccharide based vaccines;
- Precision diagnosis of disease;
- The role of dietary carbohydrates in maintaining a healthy gut microbiome.
Prior to the workshop a background briefing paper was circulated as a starting point for the discussions.
During each session the following format was used to guide the facilitated discussions:
- Introduction to CarboMet & progress to date (Session 1 only);
- Proposed Theme Overview (10 minutes);
- Impact: What does a successful solution look like?- Brainstorming (20 minutes);
- Summaries Key Themes Emerging Proposal Ideas (5 minutes);
- Identification of funding Opportunities and Lead Individuals (10 minutes);
- Other project ideas around this theme (5 minutes);
- Next Steps: Actions and partners registering interest with key capabilities and proposed contributions (5 minutes).
Discussion points and comments were captured as the discussions progressed and shared on screen via PowerPoint.
Summary and next steps:
The next 6 months will be crucial for the development of upcoming funding programs in Horizon 2020 and beyond / “FP9” therefore the outputs of the meeting will be used to engage with various bodies and programs in the European Commission identified during the discussions. Participants were encouraged to continue to feedback to the CarboMet initiative via the CarboMet LinkedIn group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/CarboMet-13512994/about
To view the meeting documents visit our Resources page here